LLM - Legal Aspects of Medical Practice
In recent years the law relating to medicine and health care has become increasingly complex and patients are becoming more aware of their legal rights. This has significant consequences for medical practices and
questions of legal liability and compensation. Changes in the structure of the NHS are also giving rise to a number of important legal problems.
The LLM (Legal Aspects of Medical Practice) aims to provide a sound knowledge of the legal rules applicable to, and the issues surrounding, the practice and administration of health care, as further changes make a deeper understanding of the field ever more significant.
· well established: first course of its kind, founded in 1987
· covers the widest spectrum of healthcare law topics available in the UK
· designed to suit the needs of busy professionals from the UK and
overseas, recent graduates and healthcare professionals living locally
· experienced tutors with established reputations and excellent
publications in the field
· work experience placements arranged if required
· distance learning materials provided and regularly updated
· provides excellent career opportunities for solicitors, coroners, police, surgeons, general practitioners, consultants, dentists, NHS managers,
pharmacists, nurses, doctors and dentists
· high success rate for students on account of regular contact with staff
· excellent mix of professionals from healthcare and legal backgrounds
· CPD accreditation available
Information on fees and funding for this course is to be confirmed.
Visit the website for more information about international students at Cardiff.
Visit the website for more information about employability at Cardiff.