LLM - Law and Governance of the European Union
The development of regulation and policies in European countries takes place increasingly within the framework of the European Union. Understanding the European Union’s institutional framework and its interaction with national, regional and local policy-making, as well as the EU’s place in the international arena, is essential for all those involved in policy-making and administration, including those seeking an international career.
The LLM (Law and Governance of the European Union) provides you with the interdisciplinary expertise, at the interface between law and politics, which is highly valued by national, European and international organisations. The programme will appeal to graduates in law, politics, social sciences and humanities.
· a unique programme combining modules from the Law School and
from the School of European Studies
· interdisciplinary modules which confront the differences between the
disciplines of law and politics
· a strong contextual approach to the study of law and governance,
inspired by our long-standing experience in socio-legal studies
flexibility and choice from a range of modules
· a stimulating study and research environment, supported by the Centre
for European Law and Governance invitations to conferences and guest talks by renowned international scholars
· lectures by leading researchers in the field - the European Commission
support our Jean Monnet Chair in European Law and Governance
and one of:
Choose two from the list below or an additional two from the
· Research Methods in Political Science *
* Modules delivered by the Department of Politics and International Relations.
UK & EU Full Time (fees are for 2015/16, unless otherwise stated):
UK & EU Part Time (fees are for 2015/16, unless otherwise stated):
International Full Time (fees are for 2015/16, unless otherwise stated):
International Part Time (fees are for 2015/16, unless otherwise stated):
For more information on funding, please visit the website.
Visit the website for more information about international students at Cardiff.
Visit the website for more information about employability at Cardiff.