LLM Legal Practice (Barristers)
At BPP University Law School we specialise in legal careers, not just qualifications. So as well as teaching you the theory we give you the practical experience you need to help you become a qualified barrister. So if you’re thinking about studying the LLM you’ll need to think about studying at BPP University Law School.
The LLM Legal Practice (Barristers)
Our LLM Legal Practice incorporates BPP University Law School’s highly regarded Bar Professional Training Course giving you the essential training you need to become a qualified barrister – and will be eligible to be called to the Bar of English and Wales (subject to meeting the qualifying session requirement of your Inn of Court).
In addition you can select from a range of LLM modules designed to help you gain additional knowledge and develop new skills and highly sought after by the profession to enhance your employability.
Why Choose BPP University Law School?
- An innovative and challenging programme designed to develop the key skills and attributes required by the legal profession
- Scholarships and funding options available, including the Students Loans Company postgraduate loan funding
- Our tutors are qualified lawyers who bring experience of working in practice into the classroom
- True-to-life assessments in advocacy and conference, using professional actors
- Get involved in practical legal work with our award-winning Pro Bono Centre
We hold a number of events across the year including Open Evenings and webinars. These events will allow you to find out more about the LLM Legal Practice (Barristers) programme, take a tour of our centres and speak to both students and staff. You can find out more about upcoming events by visiting the BPP University events page on our website.
Fees vary for the LLM Legal Practice (Barristers) programme depending on which location you choose to study at.
Part-time study may not run at all locations.
You may be eligible for a student loan of up to £10,280 to help you to pursue your master’s studies. For more information about fees and funding, please visit our website.
We welcome students from all over the world. For our LLM Legal Practice (Barristers) programme you will need:
- A qualifying Law Degree or non-Law Degree plus CPE/GDL (minimum 2:2)
- Membership of an Inn of Court
- A pass in the Bar Course Aptitude Test (BCAT)
- Fluency in English:
a. a minimum score of 7.5 in each section of the IELTS academic test; or
b. a minimum score of 73 in each part of the Pearson Test of English (academic)
For more information please contact International Admissions on 03331 226 834 or by emailing email@example.com
From the moment you accept your place, you'll have access to our careers service, which offers
- Advice on CVs, covering letters and application forms
- Help with preparing for interviews
- Mock interviews
- Advice on alternative careers
- You will never leave an advice session empty-handed. Together, we'll draw up a career action plan which details the steps you should take to achieve your career goals.
BPP University Law School - Birmingham
Tel: 0333 130 8285
32–34 Colmore Circus